Welcome to Galapagos Safari Camp, where you'll find African-inspired safari tents immersed in lush vegetation. These discreet, unpretentious tents are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the beautiful Galapagos Islands. Each tent has a private balcony deck, perfect for some hammock-time, and a spacious and stylish room decorated in tasteful safari-style simplicity. The en-suite bathroom comes equipped with a sun-powered hot shower, and there are several electrical sockets for charging your devices. Our tents can be set up as double, twin, or triple rooms, and are included in your safari experience. Plus, with 50 hectares of land, you'll feel a sense of connection to nature that's hard to find elsewhere. We hope you'll join us for an unforgettable safari adventure!
Galapagos Safari Camp was built on a dream that began when the founders first arrived at the farm in 2003 and were captivated by the incredible views, intimacy with nature, and raw beauty of the Galapagos Islands. They were inspired to buy the land and start living on the farm, which has since become a way of life that connects them to incredible Galapagos experiences and defines the pillars of our philosophy: purpose, personalization, experiential, honest dining, seamless journey, and balanced disconnection. We hope you'll join us at Galapagos Safari Camp and experience all that this special place has to offer.
DAY 1: AIRPORT OR DOCKSIDE PICK UP TRANSFER TO CAMP EXPLORE THE HIGHLANDS
- Car transfer to dock on Baltra Island (15 minutes)
- Boat trip across Itabaca Channel to Santa Cruz (15 minutes)
- Transfer to the camp (30 mins)
- Afternoon & evening at Galapagos Safari Camp
Meals Included: L/D
Level of Privacy: Private car transfers
What to Expect:
- Unwind back at camp, enjoying uninterrupted views of the highland forests and the shimmering blues of the Pacific Ocean, without another human in sight.
You will arrive at a small airport on Baltra Island. A representative from the camp will greet you and escort you to the camp
Enjoy the afternoon and evening at Galapagos Safari Camp.
Your Safari doesn’t end upon returning to Camp. On the contrary, you are fully immersed in nature here and are free to enjoy the camp’s facilities and 50 hectares of private land at your own pace, far from the busy ports and coastal crowds.
- Take a refreshing dip in our infinity pool (also a popular spot with our resident finches)
- Discover the fascinating history and health-giving properties of Ecuador’s finest chocolate, widely regarded as the world’s finest and rarest, in our Chocolate Tasting Experience (booking in advance required).
- Retreat to your tent for a hot shower and forty winks
- Unwind in a hammock with your binos at hand (keep an ear out too for the distinctive bird shrills of mockingbirds and warblers that fill the air as well as the gentle rustling of leaves as giant tortoises creep through the undergrowth beneath the tents)
- Head to our observation deck for a cocktail and aperitif, in time to admire the setting sun as it sinks behind miles of uninterrupted parkland, distant islands and ocean.
- Indulge in some time alone (a privilege in a place like the Galapagos).
- Explore secluded lanes on foot or bike, keeping an eye out for the giant tortoises and numerous bird species that populate this area.
- End your day with a four-course dinner on our veranda, followed by a little star-gazing on your private deck. (Note we can cater to vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, gluten-free, allergies, preferences or religious regulations – just let us know in advance and we can adapt our menu to meet your needs)
At Galapagos Safari Camp we pride ourselves on creating private, personalized experiences. If you would like us to organize a special something back at camp, whether it's a birthday or anniversary celebration, or a discreet, yet unforgettable experience to share with your loved ones, we would be happy to hear your thoughts and share some of our ideas with you.
Bordering the pristine lands of the National Park, our family-owned Camp is ideally located, private, quiet, and far from the coastal crowds of Puerto Ayora.
It is with intent that the layout of the camp follows the land; little to no alterations were required during construction as we adapted to the terrain. Indoors and outdoors blend; tents stand nimbly on stilts, fanning into the forest. Uncluttered spaces, fitted with warm earthen colours and comfortable furniture that highlight the views.
The Galapagos Safari Camp experience is all about close intimacy with nature, a true sense of place, warm sincere hospitality and outstanding Ecuadorian cuisine.
DAY 2: FULL DAY OF ACTIVITIES OF YOUR CHOICE
GSC, Day at Leisure
Enjoy a relaxing day at camp, have a dip in the pool, take a leisurely walk and enjoy the view and silence.
Meals included: B/L/D
DAY 3: TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT OR TO BOARD YOUR CRUISE
- Car transfer to Itabaca Channel (30 minutes)
- Boat trip across Itabaca Channel (15 minutes)
- Car transfer to Baltra airport (15 minutes)
- Check-in for your flight (2 hour before departure)
Meals included: B/--/--
Note: Arrival and departure times will be given once your flight is confirmed.
IMPORTANT NOTES :
Check in : 12.30 pm
Check out : 11.00 am