Welcome to Galapagos Safari Camp, where you'll find African-inspired safari tents immersed in lush vegetation. These discreet, unpretentious tents are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the beautiful Galapagos Islands. Each tent has a private balcony deck, perfect for some hammock-time, and a spacious and stylish room decorated in tasteful safari-style simplicity. The en-suite bathroom comes equipped with a sun-powered hot shower, and there are several electrical sockets for charging your devices. Our tents can be set up as double, twin, or triple rooms, and are included in your safari experience. Plus, with 50 hectares of land, you'll feel a sense of connection to nature that's hard to find elsewhere. We hope you'll join us for an unforgettable safari adventure!
Galapagos Safari Camp was built on a dream that began when the founders first arrived at the farm in 2003 and were captivated by the incredible views, intimacy with nature, and raw beauty of the Galapagos Islands. They were inspired to buy the land and start living on the farm, which has since become a way of life that connects them to incredible Galapagos experiences and defines the pillars of our philosophy: purpose, personalization, experiential, honest dining, seamless journey, and balanced disconnection. We hope you'll join us at Galapagos Safari Camp and experience all that this special place has to offer.
DAY 1: SANTA CRUZ ISLAND: THE HIGHLANDS AND THE GIANT TORTOISE
- Arrival at Baltra airport
- Car transfer to dock on Baltra Island (15 minutes)
- Boat trip across Itabaca Channel to Santa Cruz (15 minutes)
- Car transfer to Los Gemelos Twin Craters (15 minutes)
- Gentle walk at Los Gemelos (30 minutes)
- Car transfer to giant tortoise reserve (15 minutes)
- Lunch at a local restaurant in the highlands Guided tour of the tortoise reserve (1 hour)
- Car transfer to Galapagos Safari Camp (15 minutes)
- Afternoon & evening at Galapagos Safari Camp
Note: Arrival/departure times will be given once your flight is confirmed. Remember that the Galapagos Islands are one hour behind mainland Ecuador.
Meals Included: L/D (refreshments are also offered in the airport lounge)
Level of Privacy: Private Safari (Private car transfers and guide)
What to Expect:
- Explore the endemic Scalesia forest that lines the twin sinkholes
- Encounter the iconic Galapagos giant tortoise in its natural habitat.
- Discover ancient, underground lava tubes and learn about the islands’ volcanic history.
- Unwind back at camp, enjoying uninterrupted views of the highland forests and the shimmering blues of the Pacific Ocean, without another human in sight.
Upon arrival at the small airport on Baltra Island, a representative from the VIP Lounge will help with required paperwork and escort you to the lounge for refreshments. After, a bilingual naturalist guide will join you for the journey to Galapagos Safari Camp, making various stops along the way including at Los Gemelos and a giant tortoise reserve. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant before continuing on to the camp for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Your Safari doesn’t end upon returning to Camp. On the contrary, you are fully immersed in nature here and are free to enjoy the camp’s facilities and 50 hectares of private land at your own pace, far from the busy ports and coastal crowds.
- Take a refreshing dip in our infinity pool (also a popular spot with our resident finches)
- Discover the fascinating history and health-giving properties of Ecuador’s finest chocolate, widely regarded as the world’s finest and rarest, in our Chocolate Tasting Experience (booking in advance required).
- Retreat to your tent for a hot shower and forty winks
- Unwind in a hammock with your binos at hand (keep an ear out too for the distinctive bird shrills of mockingbirds and warblers that fill the air as well as the gentle rustling of leaves as giant tortoises creep through the undergrowth beneath the tents)
- Head to our observation deck for a cocktail and aperitif, in time to admire the setting sun as it sinks behind miles of uninterrupted parkland, distant islands and ocean.
- Indulge in some time alone (a privilege in a place like the Galapagos). Explore secluded lanes on foot or bike, keeping an eye out for the giant tortoises and numerous bird species that populate this area.
- End your day with a four-course dinner on our veranda, followed by a little star-gazing on your private deck. (Note we can cater to vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, gluten-free, allergies, preferences or religious regulations – just let us know in advance and we can adapt our menu to meet your needs)
At Galapagos Safari Camp we pride ourselves on creating private, personalized experiences. If you would like us to organize a special something back at camp, whether it's a birthday or anniversary celebration, or a discreet, yet unforgettable experience to share with your loved ones, we would be happy to hear your thoughts and share some of our ideas with you.
DAY 2: SANTA CRUZ ISLAND: THE EAST
You can start your land Safari when you like and enjoy this day at your own pace, but to make the most of the day, we recommend starting around 8 / 8:30 and following our recommended schedule.
- 08:00: Breakfast
- 09:30 Car transfer to Cerro Mesa Ecological Reserve
- 10:00 Enjoy the crater from a viewpoint or explore it further by walking around its rim
- 11:05 Drive or bike to Garrapatero beach (4.9 mi / 8km)
- 11:30 Follow the walking trail from the car park to the beach (0.3mi / 500m)
- 11:45 Enjoy the beach and activities
- 13:00 Lunch (picnic or in a local restaurant)
- 14:30 Car transfer to Trapiche Coffee Farm
- 15:00 Visit Trapiche Coffee Farm
- 16:00 Car transfer to Galapagos Safari Camp
- 16:35 Evening at Galapagos Safari Camp
Meals Included: B/L/D
Level of Privacy: Private Safari (Private car transfers & guide)
What to expect:
- Discover the fauna and flora of the Cerro Mesa Reserve
- Take a gentle downhill bike ride to Garrapatero beach (*optional)
- Snorkel the clear waters of Garrapatero bay
- Explore the mangroves and their fragile ecosystems by kayak (*optional)
- Learn how sugar cane and coffee are processed in the Galapagos Islands.
Explore the diverse terrain of Cerro Mesa and Garrapatero Beach, have a picnic lunch, and visit a working farm producing sugar cane liqueur and Galapagos coffee on your way back to Camp.
DAY 3 and 4 : AT SEA: EXPLORE AN UNINHABITED ISLAND
During your stay, you will have the opportunity to visit 1-3 of the uninhabited islands and participate in guided walks and snorkeling tours. Your private guide will provide insights about the islands and their unique wildlife, and you can also take time to reflect on your Safari during the boat rides between destinations.
Meals Included: B, L ,D
Travel time from Santa Cruz: 2 hours one way
Great for: geology; iconic views; penguin sightings
The tour (0.4mi / 600m): a fairly steep climb up an unshaded, wooden stairway to the highest point on island. Penguins are often spotted at the snorkeling site.
Travel time from Santa Cruz: 2 hours one way
Great for: Sea lions; Santa Fe iguana; Opuntia cacti
The tour: (1.1mi / 1.8km) – the trail follows two loops, one of the bay, and one that gradually ascends the coastal cliffs for panoramic views. Snorkel in a sheltered cove.
- Travel time from Santa Cruz: 45 minutes
- Great for: birdlife and courtship rituals.
- The tour (1.2mi / 2km). The flat trail loops the western half of the island. Snorkel in surrounding waters or Bachas beach (depending on the conditions of the sea on the day).
- Travel time from Santa Cruz: 1.5 hours.
- Great for: brightly coloured sesuvium; birdlife.
- The tour: (0.8mi / 1.2km) a gradual ramp-like ascent to the island’s cliffs. Snorkel at Punta Carrion (northeastern corner of Santa Cruz).
DAY 5 : Experiential fishing
You can start your Experiential Fishing Safari when you like and enjoy this day at your own pace, but to make the most of the day, we recommend starting around 8 / 8:30 and following our recommended schedule.
- 08.00 Breakfast
- 09:00 Car transfer to Itabaca Channel
- 09:30 Boat trip to the first fishing site
- 10:15 Fishing time
- 11:15 Boat trip to snorkelling site
- 11:30 Snorkel
- 12:15 Boat trip to lunch site
- 12:30 Lunch served on board the boat
- 13:30 Relax on beach, swim, snorkel
- 15:00 Return boat trip to Itabaca Channel
- 15:30 Car transfer to Galapagos Safari Camp
- 16:00 Evening at Galapagos Safari Camp
Meals Included: B/L/D
Note: Times and locations may vary depending on weather conditions and currents.
Level of Privacy: Private Safari (Private car transfers, boat & guide)
What to expect:
- Spend the day on the water and learn about artisanal fishing in the Galapagos
- Hear personal anecdotes from a lifetime at sea.
- Catch a fish with the help of Galapagos experts
- Snorkel in marine-rich, open seas
- Explore secluded beache
Experience the unique combination of fishing and snorkeling with a local fisherman in the waters around Santa Cruz, while supporting an initiative to reduce overfishing and provide an alternative means of income for fishermen. Catch your own dinner or have it prepared by our chef, and explore secluded beaches and snorkel with rays, sea lions, and potentially even dolphins. Enjoy a cultural exchange and a chance to visit places only accessible to local fishermen on this memorable day trip.
DAY 6 : TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT OR TO BOARD YOUR CRUISE
- Car transfer to Itabaca Channel (30 minutes)
- Boat trip across Itabaca Channel (15 minutes)
- Car transfer to Baltra airport (15 minutes)
- Check-in for your flight (2 hour before departure)
Meals included: B/--/--
Note: Arrival and departure times will be given once your flight is confirmed.
Start your morning with a reflective walk around Galapagos Safari Camp and take in the sunrise from the observation deck. Enjoy breakfast on the veranda with the friendly finches and warblers. Your guide will accompany you to the airport and oversee the short ferry transfer and car transfer to the airport. After checking in, you can relax in the VIP lounge before boarding your plane.
IMPORTANT NOTES :
Check in : 12.30 pm
Check out : 11.00 am