Welcome to Galapagos Safari Camp, where you'll find African-inspired safari tents immersed in lush vegetation. These discreet, unpretentious tents are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the beautiful Galapagos Islands. Each tent has a private balcony deck, perfect for some hammock-time, and a spacious and stylish room decorated in tasteful safari-style simplicity. The en-suite bathroom comes equipped with a sun-powered hot shower, and there are several electrical sockets for charging your devices. Our tents can be set up as double, twin, or triple rooms, and are included in your safari experience. Plus, with 50 hectares of land, you'll feel a sense of connection to nature that's hard to find elsewhere. We hope you'll join us for an unforgettable safari adventure!
Experience the breathtaking beauty and unique wildlife of Isabela Island, the largest in the Galapagos archipelago, with a stay in the charming and authentic town of Puerto Villamil. Enjoy the island's white-sand beach and encounter sea lions and marine iguanas, or explore the nearby active volcano and hidden inlets teeming with penguins. With our expert private guide by your side, immerse yourself in the wonders of the Galapagos Islands on this unforgettable extension to your safari adventure.
DAY 1: AIRPORT OR DOCKSIDE PICK UP TRANSFER TO CAMP EXPLORE THE HIGHLANDS
- 13:00 Flight from Baltra to Isabela Island
- 13:30 Car transfer to Iguana Crossing hotel
- 13:40 Check in and lunch at Iguana Crossing hotel
- 15:00 Car transfer to “La Playita” the entrance to the Wetlands trail
- 15:05 Bike through the Wetlands to the Wall of Tears (3.1mi / 5km)
- 18:00 Return to Iguana Crossing
Meals included: L/D
Note that the above timings are guidelines and are based on the use of bikes. If you’d rather not bike, it is possible to walk a short segment of the trail instead (walking to the wall and back takes about 7 hours and is not possible to do in one afternoon). The reserve is open from 06:00-18:00.
Level of Privacy: Private (private car transfers, if required, & guide)
What to Expect:
- Fly to Isabela Island on a propeller plane, enjoying the volcanic vistas from above
- Explore Isabela’s peaceful wetlands by bike.
- Follow the reserve’s trails to scenic outlooks
- Discover a surprisingly gloomy chapter in Isabela’s human history
On this tour, you will take a short flight to Isabela Island and visit the Wetlands and Wall of Tears with a private guide.
The Wetlands are made up of lagoons, mangroves, beaches, and a viewpoint, and the Wall of Tears is a stone wall that was built during the 1940s and 50s when the island was a prison colony. You can explore the Wetlands on foot or by bike and learn about the history of the Wall of Tears.
After the tour, you can relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of Isabela.
DAY 2: FULL DAY OF ACTIVITIES OF YOUR CHOICE
- 06:30 Breakfast
- 07:00 Car transfer to Sierra Negra Volcano
- 07:30 Walk to the crater (4.9mi/8km)
- 10:00 Return hike to car (4.9mi/8km)
- 12:00 Car Transfer to Iguana Crossing
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:40 Car transfer to Puerto Villamil
- 14:00 Boat departs for Las Tintoreras
- 14:30 Dry landing: Guided tour on foot
- 15:30 Snorkel
- 16:30 Return boat transfer to Puerto Villamil
- 17:00 Car transfer to Iguana Crossing
Meals included: B/L/D
Note: Subject to boat availability, the order of the tours may be reversed, with Tintoreras in the morning and Sierra Negra in the afternoon.
Level of Privacy - Sierra Negra: Private Safari (Private car transfers & guide)
Level of Privacy - Tintoreras: Shared Safari: (Private car transfers, shared boat & guide)
What to expect:
- A four hour hike to one of the world’s biggest calderas
- Although the incline is gradual, the hike can be strenuous for some due to the heat of the Ecuadorian sun and length of the trail. This Safari is not suitable for young children or those with mobility limitations.
- Gain a greater understanding of the island’s geology. “To learn geology one must travel widely and observe carefully, for geology is learned through the soles of your shoes, not the seat of your pants!” - Walter. L. Manger (geologist). This Safari focuses more on the geology of the Galapagos than its wildlife. After all, Darwin dedicated more pages to it than to zoology.
- Explore the islet of Las Tintoreras, and snorkel its marine-rich waters.
- Look out for Galapagos penguins!
Sierra Negra is an active volcano on the island of Isabela in the Galapagos, with a large caldera that can be accessed on a guided tour. The hike follows a flat trail around the eastern side of the volcano and takes 1.5-2 hours to reach the crater, which has views of the lava fields and Elizabeth Bay. It is currently not possible to extend the walk to the Elizabeth Bay point after the volcano's last eruption in 2018. Lunch options include a restaurant in the highlands, a boxed picnic lunch, or returning to the Iguana Crossing base.
Las Tintoreras is a small islet in the Galapagos where you can see marine iguanas, blue-footed boobies, and Galapagos penguins. After exploring the islet's lava formations, you can go snorkeling and possibly see white-tipped reef sharks in the submerged lava tunnels.
DAY 3: Isabela Island: The Tunnels & Puerto Villamil
- 08:30 Breakfast
- 09:10 Car transfer to Puerto Villamil
- 09:30 Boat departure
- 10:30 Pass by Union Rock
- 11:00 First snorkel spot, El Finado
- 11:45 Continue to The Tunnels
- 12:00 Explore the lava formations on foot
- 12:30 Snorkel (to be determined by your captain)
- 13:30 Lunch (lunchbox picnic on boat)
- 14:30 Return to Puerto Villamil
- 15.30 Car Transfer to Iguana Crossing
Afternoon at your leisure. Suggestions include exploring Puerto Villamil and walking to the Tortoise Breeding Center (also known as the Interpretation Center).
Meals included: B/L/D.
Level of Privacy: Shared Safari (Private car transfers, shared boat & guide)
What to expect:
- An exhilarating boat trip to one of the best snorkeling sites in the Galapagos Islands, ‘The Tunnels’.
- Explore the ancient lava tunnels on foot, looking out for blue-footed boobies and penguins.
- Visit El Finado, a sister site to The Tunnels, with fish of all sizes, sharks, rays, sea turtles, and marine iguanas
- Snorkel at The Tunnels and/or El Finado (to be determined by your captain).
On this tour, you will visit the Tunnels, a series of semi-submerged lava tunnels and bridges that are home to a variety of marine life. You will have the opportunity to snorkel and explore this unique environment, possibly spotting white-tipped reef sharks and various species of birds. The tour also includes a visit to Union Rock, an offshore rocky outcropping inhabited by Nazca boobies and sea lions, and El Finado, another excellent snorkeling site. This tour is only accessible by small motorboat and requires some rough water boat entry, depending on sea conditions.
DAY 3: TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT OR TO BOARD YOUR CRUISE
- 05:30 Breakfast
- 06:15 Car transfer to the Puerto Villamil airport
- 06:30 Check in for your flight
- 07:30 Flight to Baltra
- 08:00 Arrival at Baltra Airport
Level of Privacy: Private (private car transfers + guide)
MPORTANT NOTES :
Check in : 12.30 pm
Check out : 11.00 am